Living God's Word
----Sharing Christ's Love
History of the Carbondale Community United Methodist Church
1887- Reverend Joel M. Clark becomes the first Methodist minister to arrive in the Carbondale area, settling in Satank.
1892- After years of unofficial services in empty stores on Main Street, the first regular church services are held in Carbondale. The church meets in a two-room schoolhouse located just across the street from the current church location.
1897- Construction is started on the Carbondale Methodist-Episcopal Church.
1898- The church is consecrated with new minister Harvey M. Law. Minister Law also builds the parsonage himself.
1910- After having one pastor for both the Basalt and Carbondale churches, Rev. George F. Brock becomes the first pastor to serve only the Carbondale church.
1939- The name of the denomination is changed to the The Methodist Church.
1952- The old Carbondale church is replaced entirely with a new, larger structure.
1968- The name changes again, this time to become the Carbondale Community United Methodist Church.
1980s- The church is partially remodeled, with the highlight being an indoor balcony added for more seating.